Friday, April 1, 2011

Absolut Ads

The next project we had was the infamous Absolut alcohol advertisement. Our assignment was to take the shape of the bottle, and fit it into another image.

This ad is one of my favorites, this building, made at certain times of the day to look like a wine bottle was brilliant, and with a little tweeking, I made it into the Absolut bottle, as well as my brother is an architect, and had worked in Las Vegas for a few years, and it all led me to believe that, since Absolut is such a popular alcohol that Vegas would no doubt carry in loads, I figured this was a good ad to put Absolut into. Into the actual world, because it is one of the most popular vodka's out there.

This ad, was a little grim, but I think very appropriate. A type of prelude to drinking and driving, I figured if Absolut actually joined with the Ad council to do an ad about driving under the influence, this would be a good way to stick their product in with the consequences of abusing it. I'm sure they would be more than willing to use an ad like this, if not for genuine care about people's wellfare, than at least the mirage that they do as to come off a caring company, but that's just my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment